Monday, February 21, 2011

Truman Closes For the President's Day


Truman had closed its doors, on Monday, Feb. 21, to mark the President's Day holiday. Despite the  closure of the school, businesses around the campus were open as usual.
The holiday which falls on the third Monday of every February also saw the closure of state and federal offices around the city.The day was designed to honor the birthday of George Washington, the Founder and the first president of the United States.
Even though I came to school at 7:45 a.m., I, however, had to return home to celebrate the day in my own style.
To test my knowledge of the holiday, I took a 10-question CNN quiz and surprisingly I answered only half of them correctly.
Click on the link below to find out how much you can remember about your civics and Federal Holidays: http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/20/quiz.presidents.day/index.html?hpt=C2


No comments:

Post a Comment