Monday, May 9, 2011

NEWS ABOUT THE WORLD

Anything that has a beginning must surely have an end. When I first started blogging, it was a cold Saturday afternoon in the third week of January, just a week after spring semester started in full swing. I began publishing, mostly, news articles on my blog, then an experiment in an unfamiliar territory known informally as blogosphere and I had to do it as part of a web production project for an advanced journalism class I was registered for. Surprisingly, it turned out to be a passion I wanted to pursue.
Five months later, I made about 27 posts on the blog I then named Truman, Uptown and Beyond (T.U.B). Over the course of that period, my blogging was limited to events that happened on campus or on the immediate vicinity of the school. Nonetheless, weekly blogging has helped me cover hyper-local news and I have certainly mastered the art of blogging, (Do I have the right to brag?) to say the least. Now it’s a warm, bright May Day outside my office and the semester has come to a sudden, unexpected end. More interestingly, I’m shy of two days before I’m awarded a college degree in journalism at what would be a colorful graduation ceremony coinciding the centennial anniversary of the school, and with the presence of luminaries from the public and business sectors. Call it another milestone!
And now the hard part comes: breaking those old, school habits (of course, I’m no longer a student) whether that was following professor’s instruction or seeking instructor’s support when necessary. Moving on to establish myself and to do something constructive with my training, before even finding a job in my field of specialization is my new drive. To achieve this goal, I need to take several steps as pertains to this blog:
First, effective today, my blog will be renamed, even though it will remain a news blog, News about the World and the URL address changed to IIBAASHAAL. Future change of name may be indispensible to respond to the demands of time and circumstance.  
And last but not the least, T.U.B ceases to be a school project. Rather, it will be a professional journalist’s platform and will thus cover news, commentary and analysis about the world in a very engaging and relevant way.

No comments:

Post a Comment